We serve Los Angeles
LAMDL partners with over 30 schools in Los Angeles to grow debate, adding more every year.
Students in urban public schools have little more than a fifty percent chance of graduating from high school. Urban debate keeps these students in school. It teaches them that, with effort, they can succeed, and it ignites their passion for learning. The results are dramatic. Urban debaters are 3.1 times more likely to graduate than non-debaters. Ninety-percent of urban debaters graduate on time, compared to only seventy-five percent of similar students who do not debate.
LAUSD is a significant partner with LAMDL. In addition to the logistical and organizational support that it provides, LAUSD also contributes one-third of the funds needed to run the debate league.
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Alliance Stern Math and Science School
- Assurance Academy
- Bravo Medical Magnet High School
- CHAMPS Charter High School
- David Starr Jordan High School
- Downtown Magnets High School
- LA Leadership Academy
- New Designs Charter High School - University Park
- New Designs Charter High School - Watts
- Port of LA High School
- PUC Cals Charter High School
- PUC eCals Charter High School
- Roybal Learning Center
- Elizabeth Learning Center
- Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy
- Humanities & Arts Academy
- Huntington Park High School
- Fremont High School
- STEAM Legacy High School
- South East High School
- South Gate High School
- Susan M Dorsey High School
- University Prep Value School
- Valor Academy High School
- Washington Preparatory High School
- And more!